A family Christian church
We are a family church who meet at Halford House, in the heart of Richmond, south-west London. We are teachers, home-makers, doctors, charity, shop and city workers, lawyers, nurses, seniors; and those of many other occupations both paid and unpaid. We range in age from two months to ninety-six. We have a common passion – to know Jesus Christ. We believe faith is precious, and because of this we encourage each other in our own living relationships with Him.
We believe that community is important – it is in our relationships with each other, and in our lives and our neighbourhood, that what we believe is expressed. We are situated in Richmond-upon-Thames, which has excellent road, rail, tube and bus links to the rest of the UK and we are close to London’s Heathrow Airport its links across the world. We have regular contact with other churches and we’re members of the Evangelical Alliance.
Our church family extends around the world and we frequently welcome back people who have moved on from us, often to places far and wide, including those we support in charitable work overseas. The offices of the Nepal Leprosy Trust are situated in our grounds.
Also see the entry relating to us on Wikipedia
If you’re looking for somewhere to explore the Christian faith – a local church without pressure – we may be what you’re looking for.
We promise you a warm welcome.
Children and young people
We are committed to our young people, helping them to learn about the Gospel of Christ. We recognise that we are all part of the family of God, and that we have a part to play in our community. We have a Sunday School where children learn iage appropriate way.
We have links with other Christians here and abroad. We rejoice in playing our part in the universal Church of Christ that stretches around the world and spans every generation. We have been part of God’s work for many years..
We have two elders who lead the church: Gbenga Adeonojobi and Peter Reekie. They, together with Ian White, are our Trustees. They are all unpaid. We also have a Support Group made up of some of those who are a part of our
We believe in the priesthood of all believers and all are encouraged to take part in our meetings. The whole of our church family are consulted on decisions of substance.
Halford House was originally a Queen Anne manor house built in 1710, which had been extended over the years. It was purchased in a dilapidated state by the Fellowship in 1954 and restored. The story of this acquisition and restoration by the fellowship is a testimony to the marvellous provision of God.
Since then it has been used for many activities, including faith courses explaining Christianity, prayer, and activities for children and young people.
Those who meet and worship here have many reasons to give thanks for the faithfulness of God. We know his willingness to provide for, and even miraculously help, those who serve Him according to His word – the Bible.